Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Day 216 -- Bangkok

Got out of the Perhentians and headed back to Bangkok for 1 last night before my flight to India. After a week of cold, spring water showers and no fan in my room I decided to cash in some Marriott points for a room at the JW Marriott. What better way to end 4 months of slumming SE Asia?!!? So I got into Bangkok after a long day and half of traveling, boat from Perhentian to Kuala Besut, night bus to KL, flight to Bangkok which was delayed three hours....once I got in, I enjoyed the splendors of Platinum membership, free happy hour and apetizers and then hit the streets to drop off a week's worth of laundry and get a haircut. Spent most of my last day in Bangkok finishing up last minute things, sending some mail, picking up malaria medicines and enjoying my pimped out room since who knows what to expect once I hit India.

Next stop...New Delhi via London! Damn British Airways....if only OneWorld had a more direct route!

No comments: