Saturday, October 25, 2008

Day 1 - London

So after a long overnight flight to London without any real sleep I made my way to my cousin Reema's place to get settled in. She lives right next to the North Ealing tube station which is going to make it easy to get around this huge city. Day 1 was pretty low-key given the jet-lag and overcast weather outside (standard for London). Lunch and a good Thai dinner catching up with the cousins with a solid nap in between pretty much made up the day since we planned a day trip to Birmingham to see my aunt/uncle on Saturday. Been to London a few times before so no need to go to the tourist sites. I plan to spend most of my time here meeting up with all of the family...probably a good idea since they'll be the last familiar faces I'll see until South Africa. Going to meet up with Fernandez and others in the city Saturday night and trying to score some tickets to the Chargers/Saints game in London Sunday. Should make for a good weekend.

No comments: