Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Day 6 - Dubai

So I'm less than a week into the trip and I'm already losing track of days so the titles will start changing once I get totally confused. My first day was pretty low-key, got my room, crashed for a few hours and then hit the pool with some brochures from the concierge to figure out a game plan. Yesterday on the other hand....what a crazy city this place is. I got up at 8am to get an early start and I'm glad I did. Hopped on a tour bus for a beach tour with stops at the Jumeriah Mosque, Burj al Arab (7-star hotel), Jumeriah Beach, and a tour of the Palm Islands. The weather is unreal, about 88 degrees with absolutely no clouds in the sky....I think I can get used to this place. We also stopped at about 10 shopping malls and I got the sense that we didn't even hit all that this city had to offer. One of the corny tour jokes was that there is so much to "do" and "buy" in Dubai...ha! After the beach tour, I joined the city tour where I got to check out the Wafi (Egyptian themed shopping paradise), the Dubai Museum, Karama (Little India), the Gold Souk (market) along with a few other stops. Decided to try out some local flavor so I picked u some mixed kebabs (3 meats - chicken, lamb and ?) and sat on a bench overlooking creek to watch the sunset. Finished that up and jumped on a dhow tour on the creek for an hour and was beat. Came back to the hotel, killed some food/drinks in the club lounge and crashed. I got some good pics that I'll get uploaded soon. Anyways, its 3pm on Thursday here and I'm about to take off on my desert safari. Should be a good time!

No comments: