Thursday, October 23, 2008

Day of Departure

So after a few weeks of relaxation, lots of packing/re-packing, and scrambling to get everything in order...my time to take-off is here. Leaving from Raleigh this evening for London where I will be able to catch up with family I haven't seen in a few years. I uploaded a few pictures on the picture site showing my gear. For those that are curious, here is what made the cut:

  • 7 t-shirts
  • 3 polo shirts
  • 2 convertible pants
  • 1 jeans
  • 1 shorts
  • 1 bathing suit
  • 1 hooded sweatshirt
  • 1 rain jacket
  • Shower sandals
  • Shoes (NB Tennis shoes, light hiking boots, and comfortable sandals)
  • Undergarments/socks
  • Mosquito Net
  • Camping Towel
  • Toiletry kit
  • First Aid Kit

Might sound like a lot...but I took some old clothes that I don't mind discarding along the way to make way for things I may pick up. The backpack weighs 40 pounds now, but when I get rid of all the cosmetics for my mom sent for my family here it should certainly lighten the load and give me some extra space! Here we go...

No comments: