Monday, January 12, 2009

Days 65-70 -- Cape Town

So I'm pretty far behind and headed to Thailand tomorrow and really want to get caught up...Here is a very abridged version of whats gone on in the last month.


The family I met on the night train in Egypt picked me up on the 26th, took me to their house for a brii (barbecue) and then dropped me off at the airport...really nice! J-burg was the first time I felt really lonely on the trip and missed being at home, but the feelings quickly passed once I got to the hostel in Cape Town. Met a handful of cool people that I would spend the next week with. The first few days in Cape Town...set up a shark dive...it got cancelled, tried to rent a car to do some sight seeing...no cars available, so I was forced to take taxis or walk everywhere. Did the tourist things, sunset at Table Mountain, wine tour in the Stellenbosch, Camps' Bay beaches (water was freezing!) and lots of long nights on Long Street. I put up a lot of pictures for you guys to enjoy! New Years' rolled around the American girls from Zambia got some free tix to a Fashion TV party which was a good time. People in Cape Town really can party...New Year's day checked out the Kirstenbosch botanical gardens and then had some dinner at Waterfront. Said goodbyes to all the new friends made in Cape Town since tomorrow I was headed down the Garden Route for a week.

Highlight of Cape Town had to be the weather. Shorts and t-shirts during my entire stay here...first time I've ever been able to do that at New Year's! Even went to the beach on New Year's too...didn't go on the beach...thats a story for another day.

No comments: