Thursday, November 20, 2008

Day 28 -- Cairo to London

Today hasn't been the best day so its going to be short...Early flight out of Cairo and no egyptian pounds left so I picked up a Snicker's bar for breakfast...maybe it was the lack of sleep..or chocolate on an empty stomach...or just Egypt getting the best of me...anyways, we'll just say that I haven't been able to hold anything down. I think you can figure it out. Arrived in London at my cousin's place, the weather is a miserable 50 degrees...definitely need to bundle up. Did all my laundry, going to meet David Fernandez in Notting Hill later and then I'll come home and repack. I hope this illness passes pretty quickly since I have a 10AM flight to Kenya tomorrow (Friday)...Safari starts on Saturday morning so I don't know my internet situation...i'll check in when i can...until nexxt time!

Egypt thoughts: Great country, highly suggest everyone make a trip here sometime. Lots of ruins and history to see, but make sure you make a trip to the beaches since they're a good change of pace from all the hassles of Cairo/Luxor/Aswan. Independent travel is tough so be patient and all the baksheesh (tipping) gets annoying...sometimes you wish they'd do a magic trick to earn the money instead of just expecting it! Oh yeah, and don't even consider renting a car in Cairo, crossing the street is hard enough b/c you really do put your life at stake since there are no lanes, traffic light and everyone just goes however they feel. I have a feeling though that some of the Asian countries later may be a little crazier...

1 comment:

Wil said...

That blue hole looked pretty awesome, that was some hike too...