Friday, November 21, 2008

Day 29 -- London to Nairobi

Woke up at 6AM since my flight to Nairobi was at 10AM. Made my way over to the airport, checked in and wandered around to kill some time before boarding. Picked up a few books since I'm likely to have lots of time on this safari. Flight was delayed, a woman looked really ill and BA didn't want to take the risk of taking off on the 9 hour flight with her in that condition...she tried to stay on, but an hour later they forced her off. The flight was mixed, between native Africans and Westerners going on safaris, it was packed. The whole day in the air, we arrived in Nairobi at 11pm. Cleared through passport control, picked up my bags, through customs and my ride was waiting for me...thankfully. We started the drive to the hotel and I can see why they say to be careful in Nairobi. Nairobi at night was definitely sketch and its the first time I wore my money belt on this trip. As much as people think the Middle East is unsafe, I felt really comfortable, but here you can just see that you must be more precautious. Anyways, went to bed early since I have a free day Saturday to check out the city.

No comments: