Thursday, November 6, 2008

Day 14 - Wadi Rum

After leaving Petra we headed to Wadi Rum to spend the night in a desert camp with some of the local Bedouins...great experience. Got to try to sandboard which didnt work out as planned...went on a desert trek stopping to hang out with camels, climbing a rock bridge and seeing some sites from 'Lawrence of Arabia (sp?)'...some movie that was filmed in the area...Unfortunately I havent seen it so can't provide any details, but the scenery was unreal. Good dinner at the campsite and after a night of wine and sheesha I slept under the stars which helped me understand what I signed up for on this upcoming African safari...woke up a couple of times after some vivid dreams...not sure if it was the Bedouin tea/sheesha or the malaria meds i just started taking...anyways...It was pretty cold so I only hope the weather in Africa will be warmer!

No comments: