Monday, November 17, 2008

Day 25 - Dahab (Blue Hole and Sinai)

Today was pretty cool. Woke up had some breakfast and then lounged on the patio overlooking the Red Sea for a little while. At 11am, a group of us from the hotel left to go snorkeling in the Blue Hole. The ride out there was pretty intense...you had a choice of camel or 4x4...we chose the 4x4. After a bumpy 30 minutes we arrived, picked up our equipment and jumped in. I got to test the camera again and it worked...I'm really wondering when its just going to die. The reef is literally right off the beach and as soon as you jumped in you're surrounded by marine life. Not a fish expert, but I saw some cool looking fish and was able to take some pictures which I'll upload soon. After a few hours in the water, skin wrinkly, I got out to get some lunch and just laid around on some chairs. We headed back to the hotel where I got caught up on the journal since I hadn't made any entries in like 5 days. It feels good to just be lazy these past 2 days and not have a day full of museums, temples, etc...but at the same time its getting old here as diving/snorkeling to keep the days occupied gets expensive. Tonight I'm going on a late night hike to St. Catherine's Monesatry atop Mt. Sinai to watch the morning sunrise...i've heard its really cold up there so I'm wondering why I signed up for it...

No comments: