Monday, November 10, 2008

Day 18 -- Jerusalem to Amman to Cairo

Woke up with a solid headache after a long night out on the town in Jerusalem...with a big day ahead going through 3 countries, I left the hostel at 8:30am and headed to the border...forgot to mention yesterday that at every gate and major intersection in the Old City you see Israeli military posted carrying AK-47s, assault rifles, and who knows what other cool toys...women included...crazy site to see and I didn't even dare take a picture. Made it to the border crossing back to Jordan and had to sit around for 2 hours waiting for the bus to fill up so we could cross the bridge. Altogether the journey took about 4.5 hours and I got to the hotel in Amman that was storing my luggage. Three hours until my flight to Egypt so I got a quick haircut and straight razor shave and was on my away. Got into Cairo pretty late and staying at the Canadian Hostel. Staff here is really cool and about 30 minutes after I arrived they helped me develop a plan to see all of Egypt in the 9 days I'm here. We'll see how it goes!

No comments: